Flex In The City is Back!
14 February 2015. Limited spots available. Register early!
Same location and format as last year. More details below the video.
Flex in the City – The Armory – NYC
Flex Events and CrossFit King of Island Park present a one-of-a-kind functional fitness event at the amazing 69th Regiment Armory in Manhattan, NY.
180 Coed teams of 4 (2 men and 2 women) compete indoors in the heart of the city on Saturday February 14th, 2015.
Rx and Scaled Divisions available.
All Rx Flex athletes must meet each standard for reps.
Chest to Bar Pull Ups
Wall Balls to a 10 foot target: 20/14
Push Press: 135/95
Kettlebell Swings: 70/53
Hand Stand Pushups
Dead Lift: 275/185
All Scaled Flex athletes can scale standards further during competition; however, scaling any movement disqualifies a team from being eligible to win.
Wall Balls to a 10 foot target: 14/10 (we have 6# balls available for additional scaling if necessary).
Push Press: 95/50
Kettlebell Swing: 53/35 (we have 18# kettlebells available for additional scaling if necessary
Pushups (pushups on knees is the additional scaling option).
We are also using the same format where teams act as judges for each other.
There is a Championship WOD and podium finishers for Rx and Scaled Divisions.
1. Max Effort.
- All four team members establish a 1 rep max of a barbell movement in a given time period. At Flex On The Beach 2013 we tested the Bear Complex.
- Rx athletes need to be comfortable with all Olympic lifts.
- Scaled athletes will not have to Snatch.
2. MetCon Ladder
- Teams complete reps of 2 or 3 movements.
- Bodyweight and/or light weight is used for this WOD.
- The top teams will make it past 15 minutes.
- This WOD is going to test your mental toughness and desire to fight through the pain and win.
3. The Rig
- Scaled athletes are not required to do muscle ups.
- Scaled athletes who cannot perform a pull-up only have to attempt a pull-up prior to rotating to another teammate.
- Expect a barbell movement coupled with the rig movements. It’s going to be relatively heavy for Rx teams. Fair warning.
- No WOD. No judging.
All Flex workouts are hard but we do not incorporate odd, dangerous or seldom used movements. You do not need to be a Regional level athlete to compete in the Rx Division.
If you are concerned about registering as an Rx team we suggest registering in the scaled division.
If you are a scaled athlete it’s important to remember we will scale any movement in the competition so you can participate. Your team won’t be eligible to win, but we want athletes of ALL abilities to enjoy our competitions.
All Flex events use what we call “athlete judging”. Athletes competing in the event judge each other to ensure standards are consistently met throughout the day. Feedback from our 2013 event was outstanding with many athletes saying they were better judged, more engaged and had more fun than at any other functional fitness event.
We spared no expense and will be indoors with heat, bathrooms and plenty of space at the 69th Regiment Armory.
View Larger Map (new window)
Past Event Info Below.
NutriForce Sports’ Flex on the Beach – Long Beach – September 13th
Flex on the Mall D.C. June 14th Athletes: Thanks for a Great Day!
NYC Flex Athletes, Spectators and Volunteers: Thanks for participating.
We appreciate the trust you place in us when you register for one of our events. Please Contact Us to let us know what you loved, what you want us to keep for future events and improvements we need to make.
2013 Long Beach Flex on the Beach possible!
More Event Photos [HERE]
Flex on the Beach – Boca Raton – December 6th
Coed Teams of 4. Rx, Scaled and Party Divisions.